Monday, January 5, 2009

Lucas and Me

Over the break I had a nice visit with my good friend Lucas. After dinner we decided it would be nice to indulge in a film. I wanted to watch WALL-E on DVD but Lucas was set on going to the theater to see Valkyrie. As usual Lucas got his way, but I got back at him by being cranky during the trailers and sleeping through most of the film. Afterwards, Lucas wouldn't stop telling me how disappointed he was that the filmmakers had chosen not to include the contributions of Neo-Orthodox theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer in the Abwehr's July 20th plot to assassinate Hitler.

Back at home we had a late night cocktail (Lucas drank a dry martini, while I had cookies and milk). Before I got into my jammies, I reminded Lucas that he was a poopy-head and threw some LEGOS at him.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe next time Lucas will let you pick the movie?
    --James

    ReplyDelete